Frequently Asked Questions
What Are Some Benefits of Massage Therapy?
- helps relieve stress and aids relaxation
- relieves muscle tension
- alleviates discomfort during pregnancy
- fosters faster healing process of strained muscles, sprained ligaments, reduces pain and swelling, reduces formation of excessive scar tissue
- reduces muscle spasms
- provides greater joint flexibility and range of motion
- enhances athletic performance, treats injuries caused during sports or work
- helps relieve tension-related headaches and effects of eye-strain
- enhances health and nourishment of skin
- improves posture
- rehabilitation post operative'rehabilitation after injury
- strengthens immune system
- fosters peace of mind
- enhances capacity for calm thinking and creativity
- increases awareness of mind-body connection
- increases body awareness
Do You Have to Disrobe/Undress?
You are not required to undress to any level that you are not comfortable with. Throughout the session, your privacy and comfortability is most important. You will be covered by a sheet and blanket at all times. We will only uncover parts of the body that we are working directly with at that time. We will avoid direct contact with clothed areas, so keep this in mind of you have specific parts of your body covered with clothing if you still wish to have them worked. We can always adjust. Private areas of the body are restricted, will be consistently covered, and professional boundaries will be kept at all times.
What Should My Expectations Be?
We personally suggest to keep an open mind for each and every session, thorough instructions and explanations will be given to each client before, throughout, and after the session. It is my goal to keep all clients as comfortable and "in-the-loop" as much as possible. I am always happy to answer any questions you may have regarding specific expectations.
What If I Fall Asleep During My Session?
It is somewhat common to fall asleep during a massage therapy session, and is not always considered a bad thing. Often during a session, people may become very relaxed and this can cause them to fall asleep or even into a meditative-like state. This is not guaranteed to happen to everyone. Depending on client preferences, I can wake you if you'd like to stay awake the entire session. The development of your session can be entirely up to you! If you have any concerns or questions regarding this, do not hesitate to ask.
Can I have a Massage During Pregnancy?
Yes! Many pregnant women can greatly benefit from massage therapy by alleviating discomfort and pain, helping with stress, anxiety, etc. Prenatal massage can be done throughout any point of the pregnancy. Clearance from a doctor may be necessary. Pregnant clients are asked to fill out a specific "client-intake form", and I would be happy to answer any questions you may have about prenatal massage.